Katsy

Thursday, September 22, 2011

I got FREE MILK and saved over $57!

OK- OK- I KNOW - LONG TIME NO POST RIGHT? 

It was a busy end of Summer and a busy start of the school year and 
we had some medical issues going on...
No excuses- I just haven't been posting my deals as often - 
trust me I am still coupon-ing for nearly every visit to the store- 
even if only hitting the WALL OF YELLOW at HEB- I AM STILL SAVING!

OK - I find that the screenshots of the store's ad best help me to describe 
what I have done for the trip- so let me see if I can explain.

I set out to use my $7 in Extra Care Bucks 
before they expired and I HATE to let them expire! 

I had a few things I NEEDED today and a few things I got just to STOCK UP. 

First transaction - I took advantage of the revlon lipstick deal and bought two - 
getting $10 in Extra care bucks back which I used in the next transaction.  

 Then in second transaction - I got a few of their other deals like Covergirl mascara 
(I love lashblast) and sally hanson nail polish- (got new crackle style for a friend gift) 
getting $6 back - which I used in the last transaction. 


So for my third transaction I got a few things I needed- 
fem products- razors etc and snack stuff.
I needed snacks for girls' lunches like their buy one get one FREE
goldfish and wheat thins etc.
I always like to check out the 10 items for $10 section - since the girls 
get tired of the same "snack" stuff every week- I can change it up a bit and 
not buy large packages of say cereal - cookies and ranch flavored crackers etc.  
Especially since CVS bought them all! ;-)  
I especially like the mini chips ahoy and oreos - they go well in lunches
and are easier to repackage and stretch out over a week's time.


So I did spend some money - but not much (of my own) since I used 
$23 in CVS' money today- 
I don't feel bad about spending a little of my own. 
OH YEAH I FORGOT TO ADD MY COUPONS FROM THE NEWSPAPER-
IT COULD HAVE BEEN EVEN BETTER! 

As a rule - I don't generally buy things my family won't use 
like getting contact lens solution when nobody wears contacts - 
that was a free deal at CVS this week. 
So all of the things I bought are things I would have normally gotten -
like the mascara and nail polish and lip gloss etc.  
On to Walgreens - I like to combine the trip since it is right across the street! 
They had a great coupon for that new purex fab softener I like and also buying
infusium shampoo got you $3 back in register rewards. 

So I bought both the shampoo and conditioner -  
but split them up into two transactions 
and got back $6 for the third transaction in which I bought 
2 milk gallons which they had on sale for $3.19.
  (I used their money to buy it - well nearly - I had to pay .19c per gallon.) 
The cashier laughed and said it is always fun to see what 
people can do with the coupons and the special deals- 
she told me a man bought nearly $100 worth of items last week for about $3. 
It is always nice when the folks who work there appreciate what you 
are doing by saving $ and don't stare at you like you are stealing something.

So that is how I got FREE milk (nearly)  
and had a total savings of over $57 
by using sale items- coupons and their FREE MONEY! 

ALL on brands I like and use! 

SEE YA NEXT TIME! 

BLESS YOU

BLESS ME

1 comment:

  1. Great job. I've got to get on the ball with walgreens and cvs. Badly. So far have only used diaper deals.

    ReplyDelete