Katsy

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Saved $38 at Target! Plus $10 in gas from CVS!

Stockpile - SCHMOCK PILE. ;-)

OK - I did actually buy a few salad dressings this time (6) - however I did not "clear the shelves" so to speak- there were plenty left for everyone else. I liked this deal cause I could get different flavors of dressing. I got ranch - cucumber ranch- italian lite and spicy italian ( good as marinade) and a raspberry vinagrette and a thousand island.

I paid .69¢ a bottle (for 6) by stacking a manufacturer coupon on top of the target deal.

Kraft 16 oz dressing was $ 1.69.  So I used 2 different coupons on each set of bottles.

      MANUFACTURER COUPON of: 
        1/2 Kraft dressing, 14 oz. +, RP 5/15 (RED PLUM newspaper insert dated 5/15) I had 3 papers- so I cut 3 coupons. 
Target Store coupon of :  $1/2 Kraft Italian salad dressing, 16 oz +, (Target coupon)  I only got got 1 set of Italians
PLUS 2 prints of "any" dressing flavor -$1/2 Kraft salad dressing, 16 oz, (Target coupon)



So each set of two had $2 off - making each bottle .69¢



Yippee- I will not need dressing again for 3-4 months - well until they expire anyway.
I didn't come up with this on my own- I followed the match ups sent from Southern Savers. I do subscribe to several- but I like the flexibility of printing the shopping list and removing any coupons I don't have so I don't waste paper. They even allow you add items- like my fresh fruit and milk and bread (had a .50¢ coupon for bread too!)

I have a hard time sometimes remembering to shop my normal "list" since I am so determined to find my coupon steals! HARD to focus on both - this print list helps me to make sure I remember all of my items!

I had a similar deal on KC BBQ sauce - but all the smallest bottles that would have been .28¢ were gone- I had to get the larger bottle and it was I think .89¢. I opted to only buy 2 instead of the planned 3 (I didn't have a big need- but we will use it when grilling this summer.)

ON to CVS- I paired up a few items in their "buy $30 - get $10 in gas" section with coupons I had on hand- to get $5.00 off of my $30 spent.. and I got $10 back- so all in all it was like I spent $15 and got $30 worth. Always scan your card before you shop- I got another health and beauty $5 off coupon and that changed the way I shopped for that trip. 

I was a bit disappointed that there were not any coupons in this week's paper- perhaps due to Memorial Day holiday weekend. MAYBE double the coupons in next week's paper. I am really enjoying the concept of letting CVS buy my next papers- so I get more coupons for free. 

I am getting better- this time I combined my trip with both CVS and Target so I didn't 
waste more gas on 2 trips- takes more time- but I used my coupon for $1 off a sonic breakfast in between shops! ;-) 

All in all a great trip- saving $38 at Target. It takes time to find and cut the coupons...
but I feel it is WORTH IT! 

The trick is not to look at the inserts and start cutting. i was using the coupons i found BEFORE they went on sale or i could stack with a target coupon etc. I did save .55c or so- but if I waited I could have saved 2-3xs that amount. So now I wait. I print online ones but only if I know WE WILL use those coupons. Like yogurts and snack bars and cereal etc.  

Hope that helps!

Bless you! 
Bless me! 

Check out the blogs on the top right side and follow them to get your advance notice of Sunday's coupons!




1 comment:

  1. BT THE WAY I AM VERY EXCITED to see someone who is NORMAL on Extreme coupling show on TLC- she clearly said i don't need more than 5 items of one particular type and often donate the 50 free BBQ sauces to local charity. I was proud of that! That is what my idea has been - but so far I have only bought 3 of the exact same item- so now I am considering
    getting 6 papers so the other "3" rock bottom steals or FREE can be donated to food pantry. ;-)

    ReplyDelete